Welcome 2017!!

I hope everyone had a lovey new year and are now looking forward to what this years has to bring!

To start of the year id love to show you some images from my trip to Portugal this past summer. It was a truly wonderful experience full of culture and adventure. If you have the chance id definitely recommend visiting Azores.

I went to Portugal with my friends and her family. Her family is originally from Santa Maria, Portugal so it was definitely interesting to see what home is like for them. I couldn't really speak the language but my friend was a pretty good translator. And most of the younger generation spoke English so it wasn't to hard anyhow. Also i started picking it up and being able to understand as time went on.
Pico Alto
(The highest point on the island)
The beaches were amazing. In Santa Maria there were two rock beaches and two sand beaches. Although we stayed on the one island most of the time the beaches were all so different from one side to the other.
Anjos rock beach 

Anjos rock beach 

Fashion wise, there weren't many stores at all and a lot of the locals ordered online or shopped on the main island of Ponta Delgada. I visited many cafes along the way and ate many Portuguese delicacies. One of the days we spend there we went to a wedding reception which was also very cool. It was on this hill overlooking this rain forest. I kick myself for not getting a picture of the beautiful set up they had for this evening but what a lovely night.


This trip taught me be how to be more independent. I was left to make decisions on my own, budget my own money and look out for myself. We went to many festivals and party's and i was able to get that taste of independence for the first time. I loved it. After the three weeks i did start getting a bit homesick though. I broke my phone on this trip too so i wasn't really able to talk to my family as much but i did try to as often as i could.


I am so thankful for this trip and excited for the trips that are to come. 
Welcome welcome welcome 2017!!!

-The Fashionable Student xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for bed

Here comes the Wanderlust

Welcome back Saturday, you were missed